482 Firmware Update
- tekmar Gateway 482
- Computer with a serial port (or a USB to serial converter)
- Download the firmware & flash magic settings file found on the Software tab of the Gateway 482 product page.
- Unzip the file to a location that you can easily find. The zip contents include 482_flash_magic.fms & 101702_J1196B.hex files.
- Download Flash Magic programming software.
- This software is windows only, if you are using a Mac you will need to use a virtual machine running windows (e.g. Parallels) in order to run this software.
- Install Flash Magic software.
- Connect the 482 to the computer with the Flash Magic software installed on it.
- Power down the 482.
- Power up the 482 while pressing the test button. Release the test button once the Power and Tx LED are on.
- Open the Flash Magic Software and load the 482_flash_magic.fms settings file. (File -> Open Settings -> Locate the settings file on the computer.)
- In the area labeled "Step 1" of the Flash Magic software change the "COM Port" to the port that the 482 is connected to. (If a USB-to-Serial converter is used, Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager. Under "Ports", determine the COM Port used by the USB-to-Serial device.)
- In the area labeled "Step 3" of the Flash Magic software click on the "Browse" button and locate the 482 firmware (101702_J1196C.hex) on the computer.
- Click "Start" in the bottom right hand corner of the Flash Magic software. During programming, the Tx and Rx LED will flicker rapidly.Wait for Flash Magic to say that the programming is "Finished", do not turn off the computer, the 482 or disconnect the 482 from the computer while the update is in progress.
- Power off the 482 and disconnect it from the computer.
Software Release Notes
The software now supports slab setpoint only operation for floor temperature control. This requires the thermostat room sensor to be off, and auxiliary sensor to be set to floor.
The HVAC system has energy saving modes to prevent heating during Warm Weather Shut Down (WWSD) or while the Cooling Group Master thermostat is actively cooling. During these energy saving modes, the HeatSetpoint will report 40 degrees Fahrenheit or 4.5 degrees Celsius. Version 'B' corrects the HeatSetpoint behavior so that it continues to report the true heating temperature setpoint set by the user.
482_sw_01.zip contains software version 101702_J1196C.hex.
482_sw_02.zip contains software version 101702_J1196F.hex.
101702_J1196F.hex is compatible with Gateway 482 with lot numbers 11663 or higher. 101702_J1196C.hex is compatible with Gateway 482 with lot numbers 6662 through 11474. Installation of software version 101702_J1196F.hex on hardware with lot numbers 6662 through 11474 is not recommended as it may inadvertently activate the reporting enable after a power cycle.